Position Description We are looking for a skilled and experienced project manager to join our team. This role involves overseeing the entire project lifecycle, from conceptualization (contract award) to completion. You will be responsible for managing projects of various sizes and values, ranging from medium-scale initiatives to large-scale transformations, across different domains and industries, primarily Oil and Gas. You will work closely with our clients, stakeholders, and internal teams to ensure that our projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the highest safety and quality standards. POSITION DETAILS
- This will be a position for our projects group based out of Airdrie
- This will be a field-based position covering projects across western Canada
- Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables, in collaboration with clients and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, schedules, budgets, and risk registers, using appropriate tools and methodologies.
- Coordinate and allocate resources, tasks, and activities among project team members
- Monitor project performance, progress, and quality, using relevant metrics and indicators.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with all project parties, including clients, stakeholders, senior management, and project team members.
- Manage and resolve any issues, risks, or changes that may arise during the project lifecycle, using appropriate escalation and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with all project requirements, standards, policies, and regulations.
- Conduct regular project reviews, audits, and evaluations, and provide feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Deliver project outcomes and outputs, and ensure client satisfaction and acceptance.
- Close project documentation and contracts, and hand over project deliverables and assets to the relevant parties.
- Manager project scope, objectives, and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, schedules, budgets, and risk registers.
- Coordinate and allocate resources, tasks, and roles among project team members.
- Monitor and report on project progress, performance, safety and quality to senior management and stakeholders.
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification and control techniques.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues, and escalate them when necessary.
- Ensure project deliverables meet the agreed safety and quality standards and customer expectations.
- Conduct project reviews and lessons learned sessions throughout the Project lifecycle, and document project outcomes and best practices.
- Tracking and reporting on project progress, performance, and risks
- Proficiency in project management software, such as Microsoft Project, Primavera
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Proven track record of delivering complex and challenging projects on time and within budget.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with clients regarding efforts such as coordination of meetings with stakeholders, strategic planning, scope management, managing budget, environmental compliance
- Leads regular coordination meetings with resources from various stakeholder groups to discuss status, progress, risks/concerns, future anticipated activities.
- Work directly with Project Controls to complete accurate monthly cost forecasting, schedule updates, and manage the trend log and watchlist, etc.
- Manage internal project financials, providing detailed, accurate project cost forecasts and accruals (if applicable)
- Professional certification in project management, such as PMP or other industry designation
- At least 10 years of experience in project management, project engineering, or construction management ranging in value from 50-300 million
- Must have experience managing compression projects; natural gas
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Deep understanding of project management fundamentals and project life cycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to influence, lead and manage change thoughtfully and positively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively present information to senior leaders and stakeholder teams. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a large, geographically diverse organization.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, and communicate risks.
- Familiar with engineering drawings, Bills of Material, and other technical documents.
- Familiar with the various classes of estimates, associated accuracy ranges, and inputs required.
- Skilled in Microsoft family products (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.