Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Project Manager (Facility Decommissioning) in Calgary, Alberta.
- 5-10 years of facility and pipeline construction or decommissioning experience
- 5 year of Project Management experience
- CET, EIT, P.Eng., or PMP designations are preferred
- 5 years of experience in a service company preferred
- Fluency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Exposure to MS Project is a plus
- Positive attitude and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Lead several field-based decommissioning teams
- Promote a “Safety First” culture within the field-based decommissioning crews
- Generate cost estimates for decommissioning scopes-of-work
- Generate Area-Based Closure plans for major facilities, wellsite facilities, and pipeline systems
- Plan crew mobilization and deployment schedules to maximize utilization and minimize travel time between sites
- Provide daily updates to clients on project progress
- Review field generated costs and update cost tracking systems
- Troubleshoot field problems and collaborate with on-site field foremen
- Compile and report safety metrics into Company systems
- Provide input on crew and equipment selection to maximize field productivity
- Work with Company leadership to develop new clients and opportunities
- This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta
- This position requires an individual with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation. Client focus is critical to success in the role and previous experience in a client role will be considered a benefit.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.