Our customer, a major oil and gas company is looking for Project Operators to help see a multitude of projects through to their completion. Candidates must reside within driving distance to Redwater, AB. Start date is targeted for April 2024. There will be opportunities to extend at end of contract as they move to other projects.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensure a high standard of safety of all construction and Project Activities from initial construction phase to commissioning / startup phase. Safe work permitting and regular work scope meetings will all be part of establishing a healthy working relationship with the Project CMT and plant personnel.
- Support HAZOP, LOPA, design/drawing reviews, weekly progress meetings and project safety meetings at the discretion of the Project Operations Coordinator.
- Managing all field activities, LOTO’s and tie-ins to adhere to Safe Work practices and to also have minimal effects on the live facilities to minimize down time. May need to work with other departments on site to coordinate and take advantage of planned shutdown and maintenance activities.
- Working in conjunction with the current project operations personal in an effective and healthy team environment and to also keep everyone accountable of all standards.
- Understanding work schedules are dynamic in projects due to unforeseen circumstances and operations will be required to accommodate. Being prepared, available and ready for those tasks are critical to the project’s success.
- Nightshift coverage may be needed from time to time to accommodate construction milestone tie ins.
- Take accountability as the job owners. This means to take immediate and decisive control of any unplanned activities or problems. We must make the plan / stick to the plan and be comfortable in stopping work if the situation changes and reassess.
- Understanding of Project Design, Objectives and Execution plan. It is our responsibility to become the operations SME of the project we are assigned to, so that we can build a safe and efficient start-up plan. It will responsibility of your team to ensure a seamless turnover to the Main Operations group. All LOTO’s, Procedures and training materials need to be complete ahead of project turnover.
- Support all commissioning and start-up activities that adhere to the Commissioning Process Standard and follow each project’s specific Commissioning Plan.
- Power Engineering Certification 4th or Higher
- Experience with building LOTO’s, Procedures, Guidelines and any other materials that will help the project execution and handover process.
- Construction, Commissioning and Start-up experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong background with process control and to be able to troubleshoot process problems or carryout complex system isolations with minimal assistance.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical thinker that can think outside the box when situations change or don’t go as planned. As well someone who can remain calm when things don’t go as planned can stop, think, regroup, and re-execute.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Roska DBO and this position; however only local candidates will be selected and contacted for an interview.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 20+ year’s track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!
To apply for this job please visit roskadbo.catsone.com.