Requisition Id: 22427
Department: Operating Services Unit
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Control Centre in Sherwood Park, AB is recruiting for a Supervisor, Projects/Scheduling to join the team. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Sherwood Park Control Center (SPCC) in the Operating Services Unit (OSU), part of Pembina’s Corporate Services Division (CSD).
Summary of Responsibilities
The Supervisor, Projects/Scheduling is responsible for the oversight of the Scheduling and Project teams, as well as capital projects at the Sherwood Park Control Center (SPCC). This role will act as a liaison with field operations, SCADA, engineering, systems development and pipeline scheduling teams to enhance the safe, efficient and reliable operation of pipelines and terminals. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversight of the SPCC Projects and Scheduling team including, annual goal setting, training, performance and compensation evaluations;
- Ensure team members are knowledgeable of and comply with all SPCC policies, procedures, manuals and standards;
- Complete annual budgeting process for SPCC, OSU and support for Business Units (BUs);
- Participate in incident response teams based on Corporate Emergency Response Plans;
- Review pipeline integrity, safety, security, environmental audits and incidents ensuring timely follow up, corrective plan implementation and reporting;
- Support and recommend changes to procedures, processes and/or equipment to improve efficiency and safety within SPCC;
- Collaborate with BUs to optimize performance and utilization of assets;
- Implement technologies to advance automation and control within SPCC;
- Develop and implement capital projects up to $10 million in value in SPCC;
- Contribute to the development of BU capital projects including process safety reviews, commissioning, start-up and other activities; and
- Establish and actively contribute to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity.
- 8+ years of pipeline industry experience is required along with previous Supervisory/Leadership experience;
- Preference for a Bachelor of Chemical or Process Engineering Degree but other disciplines may be considered;
- 3+ years of Project Management experience managing Pipeline projects is required; PMP designation is an asset;
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, collaboration and professionalism;
- Effective written and verbal communication including a proven ability to interface positively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to make proactive, data based decisions to support improvements to pipeline operation and efficiency, as well as experience in optimization initiatives including leading teams through change;
- Knowledge of both provincial and federal pipeline regulations and the regulatory processes;
- Familiarity with Emergency Management, including the ICS framework used for emergency response;
- Detailed technical knowledge of the design and operation of pipeline equipment including pumps, VFDs, PLCs and control valves, as well as pipeline process control equipment and philosophies such as leak detection, communication infrastructure and SCADA;
- Proven technical knowledge of pipeline hydraulics, including transient analysis, pipeline overpressure protection systems, process safety approaches and the application of drag reducing agent;
- Demonstrated experience in all phases (conceptual engineering through commissioning) of pipeline construction projects (brown and green field) using gated capital approval processes (PD&GL);
- Familiarity with Process Hazard Analysis standards and practices and how they apply to pipeline operation and pipeline facility design;
- Detailed understanding of how pipeline capacity, utilization, and scheduling can impact pipeline operational efficiency, business drivers, energy usage, reliability, and safety; and
- Ability to assist in the execution of field reliability engineering programs and support field operations in reliability and optimization endeavors.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
The successful candidate must live within 100 km of Sherwood Park, AB.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.