Requisition Id: 23669
Department: Property Tax Area
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for an Analyst, Property Tax to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, Property Tax in the Tax Group, part of Pembina’s Financial Services Division.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Analyst Property Tax will report to the Manager Property Tax and be a key member of the Property Tax Team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Property Tax Team and internal staff. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Process, track and maintain Property Tax payments;
- Assist team with the required accounting entries for accruals;
- Generate cost summaries for assessment reporting to municipalities;
- Assist in reviewing municipal tax adjustments to ensure they are accurately calculated, coded, and processed;
- Prepare assessment and taxation data reports and all other relevant documentation;
- Assist in responding to audit queries in a timely fashion;
- Assist property tax team with year-end operating cost adjustments;
- Assist the team with queries internally from the business and externally from governments; and
- Contribute to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity.
- 2+ years’ experience working in the Property Taxation and Assessment field considered an asset;
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance or a Business Administration Diploma with accounting background;
- SAP experience is preferred along with strong Excel, Word, and other Microsoft application skills;
- Effective communication and organization skills complemented by strong work ethic is essential for success in this hands-on role;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage a high volume of data and meet a variety of deadlines in a short period of time;
- Proven ability to accurately collect, assemble, enter, and review data;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team environment;
- Detailed oriented and very strong analytical skills;
- Quick learner and self-motivator able to work under tight deadlines and cooperatively with the team to generate superior results; and
- An energetic, positive, and motivated individual.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.