Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent Proposal Writer/Administrator in Sherwood Park, Alberta. This position will help assist our Business Development Lead in the preparation and editing of proposals and various technical reports.
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, English or Science required
- Two (2) years of experience in technical writing preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with high attention to detail and experience producing and developing highly professional, winning proposals
- Experience with marketing material, presentation and business marketing required
- Advanced knowledge using Microsoft Office
- Environmental or Engineering experience in Western Canada within the Oil and Gas, Energy, and Infrastructure industries would be considered an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven time management skills with attention to detail in past projects
- Develop technical proposal documents, responding to client RFP and RFQ documents working with technical experts to understand client expectation and internal capabilities to develop winning proposals;
- Lead writer on technical proposal documents, compiling information, engaging experts and assisting Business Development Lead on proposal creation
- Ensure work and proposals are developed in a timely and accurate manner work with project managers to prioritize appropriate report and create documents such that customer deadlines are achieved
- Manage the development of proposal components on an ongoing basis including:
- Statement of Qualifications (SOQ)
- Technical Resumes
- Project Examples & Case Studies
- Budgets and Estimate Templates
- Scheduling and Planning tools
- Create auxiliary resources such as diagrams or interactive learning processes if required, work with other members of the team such as GIS professionals to ensure auxiliary components are complete
- Work with the corporate marketing team to develop specific marketing tools by industry, operating segment and service offering as required
- Gather information and support professionals to fill known gaps in information within the proposal development to allow for the efficient creation of documents
- Work with Senior Management and Business Development teams to develop go / no go process on all RFP and RFQ opportunities such that priorities are developed and ranked with time spent in the most efficient areas.
- Provide administrative support to the Business Development team where necessary
- This position will be based out of our Sherwood Park office.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefits package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety, and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.