We are currently searching for a Purchaser to join the High Arctic team! As a valued member of the maintenance team, you will ensure that all purchases are accounted for and meet international standards for quality, reliability and usability. You will manage the purchasing costs in the best interest of the company and assist in developing systems and processes that will place our equipment and purchasing management program far above industry standards. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in development of systems and processes in purchasing management.
- Manage the purchasing functions.
- Organize parts & supplies for units and shop.
- Organize Hot Shots as needed for parts delivery.
- Work with the Purchasing and Inventory Manager to develop an “Approved Vendor” list for all areas.
- Assist in the improvement of the purchasing/inventory system to ensure quality control for all equipment.
- Maintain shipping and receiving procedures.
- Demonstrate expertise and accountability in purchasing.
- Develop Vendor rating and Vendor evaluation.
- Manage localized purchasing.
- Guide and develop the inventory system with the inventory personnel.
- Develop expected standards of Purchase Requests and parts delivery.
- Conform to ISO standards in purchasing.
- Assist in Development with new ideas to manage inventory supplies.
- Issue and Track Assets.
We are looking for someone who is:
- 2-5 years of experience in purchasing, experience in a similar industry is an asset
- Completion of a Post-Secondary Business Program would be considered an asset
- The ability to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- A self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- The ability to meet tight deadlines while producing quality and consistent work
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Resourceful with sound analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and business acumen
- Project management and leadership skills are strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- On-call rotation requires callouts and after-hours phone calls
High Arctic Energy Services is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. This role is located out of our Acheson, AB location.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://haes.startdate.ca/#/apply/public/5af34b0e91f0338e675e3f6a →