POSITION SUMMARY The Quality Control Inspector provides QMS, code, regulatory and project specification oversight to ensure project compliance during fabrication. Responsibilities include review and completion of project QA/QC material/ welding compliance, inspection, and testing activities at the project site. POSITION LOCATION/ DEATILS
- Project is approximately 1 hour from Medicine Hat
- July 18th Start Date
- Day shift and Night shift position available
- Communicate with management, staff, and clients the requirements of quality’s scope of work.
- Verify that all site activities comply with the quality codes and standards.
- distribution of Quality documentation to site sub-contractors.
- Provide appropriate feedback to management regarding QA/QC matters.
- Review IFC P&ID’s, ISO’s & vessel drawings to ensure appropriate WPS are referenced with weld details and overall accuracy.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all QA/QC requirements in the shop and at the job site.
- Ensure the proper completion of pre-project documentation i.e., Contract Reviews/ITP/WPS Approval etc. to ensure the successful kickoff of projects.
- Perform pre-inspections and assist with material receiving process to ensure that all fabricated and installed materials are in conformance with the applicable standards, drawings, and specifications.
- Ensure proper weld and NDE mapping and visual inspection is complete.
- Ensure proper NDE report and radiographic film traceability.
- Ensure proper hydrotest packages are complete and witness testing activities to ensure proper testing practices are followed.
- Continually monitor work in-progress via QC audit process to ensure compliance with QA/QC and other project requirements.
- Identify and control all NCR’s while correcting with remedial action.
- Prepare required (regulatory) documentation and organize project files for final turnover to the client.
- Ensure proper management, storage and filing of all controlled documents.
- Assist with training up and coming trades personnel in QA/QC practices and procedures.
- Level 1 CWB certification required with B31.3, W47.1/W59 & CSAZ662 Endorsements
- Relative technical diploma and/or trade certificate
- Working knowledge of ASME & CSA Codes (Pressure Vessels, Process Piping & Structural)
- Standard First Aid, H2S, Common Safety Orientation (CSO), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), WHIMIS, Gas Detection, Bear Awareness
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.