The Quality Control Inspector offers on-site knowledge in quality control and assurance. Responsibilities include conducting routine inspections to ensure code, testing, and material compliance of services and products and the standard of Strike’s Quality Management System.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Communication/Training
- Communicate with management, staff, and clients the requirements of quality’s scope of work.
- Verify that all site activities comply with the quality codes and standards.
- Coordinate with area sales group on all quality issues and distribute relevant QC/QA documentation to site sub-contractors.
- Provide appropriate feedback to management regarding QA/QC matters.
- Continually update education and stay familiar with legislated quality standards and procedures.
- Document Control
- Develop inspection and test programs.
- Develop IT&P’s by referencing and reviewing Client Specifications and Job Scope requirements.
- Coordinate quality site inspections with all site sub-contractors and vendors, coordinate all nondestructive testing on site, and monitor the implementation of the approved site QC plan.
- Inspect / review product material, weld quality and testing to ensure compliance with code, standards, specifications and QCM.
- Weld tracking and parameter checks.
- Review IFC P&ID’s, ISO’s & vessel drawings to ensure appropriate WPS are referenced with weld details and overall accuracy.
- Ensure supplies and external services comply with Strike quality control standards.
- Identify and control all NCR’s while correcting with remedial action.
- Review radiographic film.
- Follow the QA/QC management system at sites.
- Witness all pressure testing; finalize testing documentation.
- Ensure all quality control documentation is compiled and competed in a timely matter meeting project deadlines.
- Prepare regulatory documentation as required and provide to client.
- Shop work in Bonnyville on a 5/2 shift for one month
- Field work in Conklin area on a 14/7 shift for two months (camp provided)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relative diploma or trade certification
- Shop fabrication and turnover completion experience
- CWB Level I designation with CWB, B31.3 and ASME Sec VIII & IX endorsements
- NACE Level 1 certification would be an asset
- Five years quality control advisory experience in relative industry
- Ability to pass a Alcohol & Drug test
- H2S Alive
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Applicants should apply with a resume and cover letter online and or in person to our office on Highway 28, East of Bonnyville. Thank you to all that apply, only those selected for interview will be contacted directly.
- Working knowledge of ASME & CSA Codes (Pressure Vessels, Process Piping & Structural)
- Strong computer literacy in all Microsoft Office applications
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capable of participating in and facilitating group meetings
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Possesses an eye for detail
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.