Razor Energy Corp. is a public junior oil and gas company seeking to add a Senior Joint Venture Accountant on a maternity leave contract.
As the Senior Joint Venture Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for Joint Venture accounting, Equalizations, and other plant accounting functions. Your strong knowledge of Oil and Gas industry accounting, ability to work individually as well as in a team, strong computer skills especially in Excel and the desire to be continually challenged make you an ideal candidate.
Main responsibilities include:
- Review and process both operated and non-operated billings, including review of overhead, working interest, capital charges, contract operating rates and relevant agreements
- Review queries on JIBLink, process adjustments and coordinate necessary internal and external communication to resolve issues
- Prepare analysis, reports and statements for management use and submission to joint venture partners as required
- AFE creation, budget tracking, contract review and generating a list of overspent AFE’s that require supplements.
- Set up, maintain, and validate all AFE’s, cost centers, working interest splits, overheads and allocations within Pandell Suite.
- Work closely with the land group for both inbound and outbound road use billing, and rental invoices.
- Other projects as assigned
We are looking for a reliable, hardworking individual who can perform both routine and non-routine tasks with minimal supervision in a deadline driven environment. Other qualifications include:
- Post-secondary accounting certificate/diploma/degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with joint venture accounting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience completing and reviewing plant equalizations
- Thorough understanding of Joint Venture agreements
- Proficient with JIBLink, Pandell JV Nexus, Pandell AFE and Microsoft Office
- Understanding of Qbyte and CS Explorer would be an asset
- Strong understanding of revenue and expense allocations
- Solid understanding of Petrinex reporting
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management, computer and analytical skills
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No agency referrals.