- Lead the product development team to successfully develop, formulate, prepare, and test a wide variety of innovative plant-based products.
- Mentor and grow the current R&D team to support the business objectives.
- Plan for new product development, and lead product/process improvement technologies.
- Develop plant-based food products to achieve the required texture, taste, and nutritional profiles while maintaining ingredient functionality of the formulation within processing parameters.
- Responsible for innovation and application of process technology advancements.
- Work with suppliers to source ingredients, follow emerging markets trends and technology advancement, new ingredients, and product design.
- Provide technical direction for the selection/qualification of alternate raw materials.
- Responsible for the development of product specifications, Nutritional Fact Tables, processing instructions, and all other required documentation pertaining to product development.
- Plan, organize and support production trials and ensure suitability with existing manufacturing systems.
- Provide technical guidance to the R&D and operations team on optimizing formulations, processes, and specifications to meet internal process capability.
- Oversee documentation and record-keeping process to ensure accurate records are maintained methodically.
- Collaborate with other departments and all company staff as required to ensure a successful product development process.
- Bring a solution-focused approach to innovation and problem-solving and lead a team to resolvetechnical challenges and execute projects on time.
- Participate in product sensory evaluations.
- Use relevant software such as ESHA, MS Office Suite to enter data and compile reports.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.