POSITION SUMMARY Receptionists are responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties in support of company administration. This includes coordinating and communicating office activities, greeting and screening visitors, answering and referring inbound telephone calls, and scheduling appointments. The Receptionist will also be responsible for administering company correspondence. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. Note: This posting will be used to collect applications to fill current openings as well as anticipated future openings. Future openings are anticipated but not guaranteed. PROJECT/POSITION DETAILS
- Must be local to the Grande Prairie area
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients and other parties.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals or departments across the organization.
- Type forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary.
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations.
- Assist various departments with event planning and coordination
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Accept and monitor inbound shipments as necessary.
- Maintain reception area, kitchen, boardroom, and other common areas to reflect an organized and professional image
- Ensure adequate office supplies, kitchen supplies, forms, and stationary are available
- Prepare bank and cheque deposits
- Miscellaneous duties as required
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Certificate in Office Administration an asset
- 1-2 years of administrative experience an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization
- High energy and positive personality
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike, we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at the Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike, we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety-focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.