This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week within the Land Administration Branch of the Planning and Development Department. This position is within the CUPE 1505 Bargaining Unit. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre.
Under general supervision research, prepare, and present reports and studies relating to the purchase, use and sale of municipal lands, this includes but not limited to: license of occupation, lease, road use agreement, road crossings, road closure, and other municipal dispositions. Incumbent will also provide project management services to all land related transactions including, but not limited to, land purchases, land sales, land dispositions, land exchanges, and land developments.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Complete scope of work (RFPs, RFQs, and Tenders) for Surveyors, Land Appraisers, Real Estate Market Consultants, Engineers, Lawyers, Land Agents, and Urban Planners.
· Negotiate acceptable price, terms, conditions and appropriate type of agreement.
· Manage acquisition and disposition process including conveyance of title, registration of documents, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and directing support staff.
· Manage the expropriation process, including support to legal counsel and liaison between counsel and Senior Management.
· Market and sell real property and/or partial interests of municipal property, within current and legislated policies, meeting legal requirements and industry standards, to generate revenue and/or reduce holding costs.
· Delivery of land for development in urban and rural communities. Project manages the land development process through the planning, design, and implementation phases.
· Develop community consultation strategies for land acquisition, disposition and developments.
· Preparing financial feasibility and Pro-forma studies and analyses for land acquisition, disposition and development projects.
· Preparing council reports for acquisitions, dispositions and land development proposals.
· Research property characteristics, local market conditions and market trends to determine highest and best use of the property.
· Research and propose solutions for road allowance, right-of-way, easement agreements, road closures, leasing and dispositions.
· Ensure agreements are properly executed within established legal protocols.
· Assist in developing strategies for land release.
· Assist management in preparing capital budget and obtaining funding and financing.
· Guide the development of necessary agreements to ensure inclusion of appropriate terms, conditions, compensation, and consideration within a specified time frame.
· Perform other land related duties as required.
· Degree in Business, Planning, Natural Sciences or related field, combined with four (4) years’ direct work experience in Land Management, Real Estate or Property Management.
· Diploma in Business, Planning, Natural Sciences or related field, combined with eight (8) years’ direct work experience. Real Estate License, Land Agent License or Land Use Planning Certificate will be considered.
· Experience in developing land and lease related maps/graphics is required.
· IRWA Membership an asset.
You will possess the following:
· Experience with computer aided design software is an asset.
· Knowledge of Alberta land titles system.
· Demonstrated ability to read and interpret legal documents.
· Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, and tactfully handle complex planning and development inquiries.
· Willingness to attend evening meetings and work in all weather conditions.
· A valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver’s licence is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.rmwb.ca.
Regional Municipality Of Wood Buffalo