Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full-time permanent Remote Sensing Developer located in Victoria, British Columbia. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of optical and SAR remote sensing, including image processing and interpretation. The successful candidates will also possess a keen eye for detail, be critical thinkers, and will be proficient in scientific programming.
- Successful completion of a BSc or MSc degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Computer Science and/or Geography with a specialization in remote sensing; or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience
- Experience processing and analyzing optical, SAR, and LiDAR data
- Experience in digital image processing software (ENVI, PCI Geomatica) and image interpretation
- Experience using statistical software, such as R or Excel, to analyze and study data results
- Programming in Google Earth Engine
- Computer knowledge in MS office, computer aided design software, map creation software and web-based mapping platforms a strong asset.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS 10.x, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online
- Detailed oriented
THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE IS CONSIDERED AN ASSET:
- Hyperspectral image analysis
- Experience in surveying and processing GPS data
- UAV/drone experience
- AutoCAD 3D
- Working with Remote Sensing and Geomatics Manager and group to develop and grow the division within Vertex Professional Services.
- Working with Managers, R&D and Operational Groups to develop remote sensing tools for applications in reclamation/restoration, environmental and agricultural sciences, and R&D programs
- Provide spatial data content management, creation, and editing for vector and raster datasets
- Provide spatial data analysis, mapping, and image analysis
- Proposal writing and writing various reports.
- This position will be located out of Victoria, British Columbia with travel.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
- Employee RRSP Profit Sharing
- Learning and development opportunities
- A culture of performance and accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.