Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent Reporting Coordinator in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The successful candidate must be a critical thinker with strong writing skills and a keen eye for detail, who is able to understand the perspectives of various stakeholders involved in our work. The successful candidate must be thorough and able to synthesize information into well-supported and well-structured reports. Vertex is looking for a flexible team player to embrace our company’s culture and produce innovative ideas that will strengthen our existing processes and procedures while maintaining the level of consistency required within the organization.
- Diploma or higher in Environmental Science, Biological Science, Natural Resource Management, Technical Writing or other applicable field
- Ability to obtain or current membership with a relevant professional organization
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines and standards
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
- Strong command of the English language including but not limited to excellent writing, grammar, spelling and formatting
- Demonstrated self-motivation, communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Attention to detail and experience preparing well-designed, error-free documents
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and provide recommendations to clients
- Ability to adapt project management strategies to different timelines, company structures and budgets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Word and Excel
- 1-2 years of previous experience in the consulting, oil and gas or environment industries is an asset
- Prepare various environmental reports for all scopes of work, including Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessments, Detailed Site Assessments, Spill Assessments and Remediations
- Keep up-to-date on industry guidelines
- Create high-quality content that conveys technical concepts
- Compile, manage and analyze data that is collected by field personnel
- This position will be based out of our Sherwood Park office.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
In your application, please include:
- Cover Letter
- Recent writing sample
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.