Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
AltaGas is currently seeking highly motivated individual to fill a commercial representative role. Reporting to the Manager of LPG Supply, the successful candidate will be responsible for executing on market opportunities across geographies, time, and specification.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain an unrelenting focus on our customers and partners
- Forge & manage customer relationships and contracts for assigned areas of responsibility
- Identify, evaluate, and negotiate new business opportunities
- Liaise with various internal and external groups to implement projects that optimize AltaGas assets
- Support complex modeling, annual budgets and strategic plans for assigned areas of responsibility within the Midstream group
- Work with a high performing team of marketers, analysts and schedulers
- Maintain a strong understanding of current news and events that affect natural gas liquids, natural gas, and crude oil markets and their potential impacts on AltaGas’ business
What you must have:
- Relevant university degree in either Commerce, Economics, Finance, or Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the energy industry with knowledge of Midstream business strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience with Allegro ETRM would be an asset
- Experience in a commercial marketing role, preferably LPG’s
- Strong attention to detail, proven ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet critical deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated individual able to contribute both individually and as a team player with multiple priorities and tasks in a face paced environment
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.