The AER Regulatory Compliance Technical Writer will prepare instruction manuals, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information in an “easy read” format to internal and external stakeholders.
Key Job Functions:
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- A University Degree in a related field
- Journalism, English, or Communications * Experience with a technical subject, such as computer science, web design or engineering
- Past experience working as a specialist or research assistant in a related field would be considered an asset.
- Experience working in the oil and gas industry would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate should know all the Well Operation Directives, inclusive of:
- Completion, Fracturing and Well Interventions
- License Suspensions
- Well Testing
- SCVF – Surface Casing Vent Flow/Gas Migration (Reporting and Monitoring)
- License Abandonment
- Field Inspections Well Operations
- Packer Isolation Testing
- Field Inspections (Pipelines Operations)
- Reclamation / Remediation
This position is for a 3-6 month contract.