Resource Energy Solutions has an exciting opportunity available for a Regulatory Compliance Business Analyst, focused on Reclamation & Remediation.
The Business Analyst will work as part a dynamic team to ensure product quality and maximize customer value. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with various stakeholder groups, quality assurance analysts, developers and project managers to ensure quality software products are delivered
- Writing specifications for Reclamation & Remediation Software.
- Meeting with or contacting clients or other references to identify and document requirements
- Gathering/Researching and documenting software development requirements both on a technical and business level.
- Designing software solutions to ensure that appropriate business workflows and data structures etc. are established to meet the needs of the verified requirements
- Verifying functionality in the software meets the needs of applicable business workflows, advising on possible improvements or changes
- Supporting development, QA as required.
- Creating acceptance criteria and executing final user acceptance tests to verify that acceptance criteria is met.
- Thorough understanding of the upstream oil and gas industry including the processes, language and terms, specifically in the area of well data management.
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Observational skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills using formal specification techniques commonly used in the software industry
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience conducting software testing.
- Experience performing business process modeling.
- Experience in creating applications functionality mock-ups.
- Experience using Issue & Project tracking tools (specifically JIRA).
- Understanding of Software development processes and methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Kanban).
- Experience or training in any of the following areas: Oil & Gas lease construction operations, drilling operations, completion operations, field to office reporting.
- Product Management experience would be considered an asset.
Experience and Education:
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma or equivalent experience
- Specific training in petroleum technology or engineering is an asset
- Business Analyst training or experience
- Software support experience is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.