Resource Energy Solutions Inc. has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Product Manager. The incumbent must be an expert on the total Well Operations Life Cycle. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing a Total Operations, Risk & Control platform build out.
The Regulatory Compliance Product Manger will play a key role in researching, developing and adopting the vertical functionality needed for Resource Energy Solutions to achieve. The Product Manager will provide business leadership in the development and sales of RES software solutions through establishing a clear product vision, strategy and road-map in collaboration with all key stakeholders and executing it in conjunction with the development team. This product vision strategy and road-map needs to be justified to the business by the Product Manager in clear ROI terms relating to a well-defined market opportunity.
The focus of the Product Manager should be on the following:
Product lifecycle management, product evolution, etc.
Market intelligence (competing products and customer requirements)
Product positioning (sellable product strengths & compelling pitch, problems the product solves) against competing products
Product Marketing strategy including incentives to retain existing clients and securing new ones
Product documentation & Support plan
Key Job Functions:
- Identifying and assessing opportunities.
- Innovate with clear product vision, thought-leadership and a market leading product road-map for RES software solutions complete with transition plans for the client base whilst keeping commercial viability as a key driving factor in the process and that commercial constraints are adhered to (time, cost, resources etc.).
- Communicate and articulate the RES software solutions with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure that:
- Internal stakeholders have clarity on our strategy.
- External stakeholders have clarity on the strategy, migration path and feature road-map. * Plan, prioritize, manage and monitor the delivery of all artifacts (product features, documentation, sales collateral, training collateral) surrounding the development, delivery and sales of RES software solutions in conjunction with internal teams to ensure that targets are met within commercial constraints.
- Research, define, develop, document and refine detailed requirements and design specifications for the features and overarching design of RES’ software solutions in conjunction with key internal (sales, support, development) and external (clients and VARs) stakeholders.
- Review, verify, validate and confirm that the functionality being delivered by development is in keeping with the defined product vision, strategy, road-map and commercial constraints for RES’ software solutions.
- Review, document and refine the functional documentation for RES’ software solutions as representing the product in conjunction with technical writers.
- Develop and document sales collateral for the RES software solution that highlights its key benefits and features as they apply to clients to underpin the sales process
- Assist the sales teams with pre-sales activities requiring input from a product/solution perspective for the RES software solution.
- Research competing products, customer’s future requirements and product trends and provide RES that market intelligence and shaping our product roadmaps.
- Assist the CEO with corporate product strategy planning and adoption of new product features and ideas by providing guidance and recommendations (ROI based) to ensure that the company remains commercially viable, achieves and maintains a position of leadership in the competitive landscape. This includes:
- Defining and serving the key product needs around RES’ software solution and priorities identified in the market (with estimated developmental costs and returns on investment).
Assessment of RES’ software solution’s competitor solutions and assessment of key competitive features (including cost/benefit and commercial justification).
- Understanding of key product/market trends and market adoption rates then assimilating these products into RES’ product stack where appropriate.
- Articulating how the planned products will deliver on the needs of key stakeholders and drive the competitive advantage and product leadership that RES demands.
- Education: Degree in software engineering, computer science or a related relevant discipline or alternatively equivalent professional experience;
- Experience: >7 years of experience in leading significant product development activities in an industry setting, preferably in oil and gas industry information technology systems;
- Expertise: well lifecycle management, business communications, agile development methodology, requirements specification and technical writing.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.