Reference Code: 92184
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Risk Management
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 01/09/2022
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, innovation, responsibility, collaboration and integrity, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
The Project Governance Program is a mandated program under TC Energy’s Operational Management System which provides the framework and standard to support and optimize project execution across the project lifecycle. Our standard is the Project Delivery Standard (PDS), which focuses on project-management-related requirements. PDS is part of TC Energy’s ongoing efforts to reduce complexity and strive for efficiency, ultimately making managing projects easier and more intuitive.
The Risk Analyst role is a unique opportunity for those who excited by a broad range of duties involving the development and analysis of project risks. These include but are not limited to: continuous improvement, performance measurement / reporting, and stakeholder engagement and coordination. The successful candidate will think strategically and work with a myriad of stakeholders in all areas and levels of the organization.
What you’ll do
- Facilitate Hazard and Risk identification sessions with stakeholders’ groups and leaders to translate experience into statistical models
- Creation and presentation of analysis and key project risks to project teams and other stakeholders
- Assist in ongoing project risk management activities and reporting
- Understand and analyze key project documentation (Project Execution Plans, Project Hazard Assessments, HAZID/HAZOP, Business Cases, Estimates, Schedules, Forecasts, etc.) to facilitate risk analysis
- Development of positive relationships with various stakeholders in business units and on projects
- Assist the implementation and management of project risk database and related reporting
- Providing recommendations on execution and implementation of mitigations
- Post-Secondary degree in a related field
- 6 years of progressive, relevant experience with knowledge and experience in continuous process improvement and critical thinking
- Ability to establish strong relationships to build understanding of customer business needs and required outcomes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with the ability to engage, facilitate, present and interact will all levels of organization
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Business maturity and awareness with topics and matters that are confidential and competition sensitive
- Attitude and aptitude for continuous improvement and change management
- Construction experience in Oil and Gas Industry
- Knowledge of TC Energy business and project strategies, practices, processes and systems
- Exposure to complex project management environments and an understanding of the differing interdependencies that need to be considered
- Understanding of industry standard risk management practices and terminology (ISO 31000, PMBOK, AACEI, etc.)
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 01/09/2022 using reference code 92184. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.