Risk Reporting Analyst
Reference Code: 86343
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 06/22/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Risk Reporting Team is evolving the reporting capabilities within our Market Risk group. In this role, you will be actively involved in providing market risk and compliance reporting in support of TC Energy’s power, gas storage, oil, treasury, and other marketing businesses. You will be responsible for the development, enhancement and maintenance of various market risk reports and completing various market risk middle office activities, including data validation.
The successful candidate must have working experience of an ETRM system and related book structures, price curve validation, and reporting capabilities. The role will appeal to individuals who are comfortable with detailed reporting work and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. This position reports to the Manager, Risk Reporting, in the Risk Management group of Corporate Finance.
What you’ll do
• Assure compliance with the Company’s established market risk policies and compliance with established limits through daily reporting
• Review and approve all physical and financial transactions to ensure compliance with relevant Company policies, procedures and controls, reporting anomalies and escalating issues as required
• Perform middle office functions including forward price curve validation, position and limit monitoring, and risk reporting
• Foster a cooperative working relationship with front and back office, as well as other internal stakeholders across the organization
• Provide a strong understanding of at-risk analysis (VaR; CFaR; EaR; stress testing and simulations) to measure and monitor risks using analytical tools for physical and financial energy transactions
• Assist in the development, maintenance, testing and implementation of ETRM and other systems to assure accurate, timely and complete information flow and reporting
• Maintain and update middle office process documentation
• Other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related quantitative field
• 6+ years’ related Market Risk work experience in a middle- or front-office role, specifically with direct exposure to North American power, natural gas, emissions, and/or crude oil markets
• Well-rounded knowledge of front-, middle-, and back-office functions, especially as it pertains to an energy trading and marketing environment
• Hands on experience with an ETRM system, preferably Endur and/or EKA
• Experience performing marketing and trading compliance and reporting duties
• Knowledge and experience of physical commodities and financial derivative instruments
• Master’s degree is preferred but not required
• Thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of economics, finance, and risk reporting, and various market risk concepts including VaR, P&L, MTM, and exposure
• General understanding of the Treasury function, including foreign exchange and interest rate products
• Experience with contract administration, and counterparty credit risk monitoring and reporting
• Working knowledge of ISDA Master Agreements, Schedules, Credit Support Annex, NAESB Master Agreements and Special Provisions
• Proficiency in working with all aspects of contract administration, including deal validation
• Programming and database skills
• Strong decision making and analytical skills as well as excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to effectively summarize and clearly communicate results, both in writing and verbally, to a wide range of audiences, across all levels of the organization and department areas
• Ability to work independently and as an effective team player on cross-functional teams
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 06/22/2021 using reference code 86343. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.