Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Safety Administrator in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The successful candidate must be detailed oriented with relevant experience in Safety Administration. The Safety Administrator will assist the Corporate Safety Team with overall coordination and administration for Vertex’s Professional Services division.
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety Administration an asset
- Enrolled or completed the National Construction Safety Officer program through the ACSA
- Must have 2 plus years Safety experience
- Knowledge of OH& S Safety Standards and WCB Legislation
- Experience with Safety Administrative Reporting and Administration
- Must have experience in writing/reviewing Safe Work Procedures/Hazard Assessments
- Experience with field location visits and travel
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong teamwork attitude & professional communications
- Maintain and audit Vertex’s safety related databases specific to the division
- Coordinate and schedule alcohol and drug testing for employees
- Distribute Health and Safety information to field and other necessary departments as required
- Develop and implement hazard assessments, safe work procedures with Operations department
- Conduct field visits to perform site assessments, worker observations, worksite inspections
- Travel to field locations to ensure safety standards and attend client meetings
- Delivery of Monthly Safety Meetings for areas of responsibility
- Monitor worker training, make arrangements for updating expiring or scheduling new training
- Provide assistance with general administration duties, correspondence, production of documents and mail for the HSE Department
- Professional response to staff, sub-contractors and public inquires in a timely manner
- This position will be based out of our Sherwood Park office.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.