POSITION SUMMARY Strike is currently looking for a field Sandblaster/Coater. The Sandblaster/Coater role will be blasting and coating at various project sites on piping and structural steel. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Blasting/painting/coating material to the required specifications
- Troubleshooting issues with field sandblast unit, compressor, blastpot, hose etc.
- Select appropriate coating and mix as per manufacturers specifications
- Testing the atmosphere and paint/coating thicknesses and filling out the required documentation
- Holiday testing when required and filling out the proper documentation
- Completing jobs in a timely manner meeting set deadlines
- Driving to and from various sites in a company vehicle
- Coordinate with onsite client representatives
- Working safely and maintaining a clean working environment
- Clean equipment and perform routine maintenance
- Buffalo Creek Project
- This is a camp location, located 1.5 Hours from Wabasca, AB.
- Bussing to and from site is provided.
- Shift rotation is 21 days on/ 7 days off
- 2+ years of directly related work experience operating various types of equipment
- NACE Level 1 or 2 is preferred
- High School Diploma required.
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence is required
- Knowledgeable in conventional and airless spray applications area
- Able to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You are safety focused when it comes to people and equipment
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Experience with trouble shooting issues in the field
- Ability to work well in both independent and team environments and manage multiple tasks while working under minimal supervision
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.