SAP Financial Functional Analyst
Reference Code: 93442
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/25/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. TC Energy’s job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and commitment.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
The IS Application Optimization and Support (AOS) teams ensure that people, processes, information and support systems are aligned to realize the best value from enterprise-wide IT investments. The team is responsible for the efficient and timely support of the TC Energy’s ERP (SAP) functional and business facing modules. To enable this, the team partners with business groups across TC Energy as well as Information Systems teams to identify improvement opportunities along with providing operational support of the suite of applications.
Reporting to the Leader of the AOS Corporate and Technical Center team, the SAP Financial Functional analyst will work within the team to support SAP Finance. This individual will have an exceptional understanding of complex financial business processes as they apply to TC Energy’s application of SAP Financial Application suite and across the industry at large. The successful applicant will be responsible for working with Business Stakeholders, as well as the SAP Delivery team to ensure the successful operation of a wide range of financial consolidation processes. This role will apply functional, technical and integration knowledge of SAP ECC and other supporting technologies.
What you’ll do
- Facilitating the implementation and support of SAP modules to enhance business functionality and performance
- Apply SAP functional expertise in FICO FI module components:
- General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Banks (including integration)
- CO module components including Cost Centers, Internal Orders, and Profit Centers
- Master Data components including Vendor Master, Customer Master, Bank Master
- Accounts receivables integration with external commercial systems
- Accounts Payables including VIM/OpenText
- and Treasury (nice to have)
- Understand and work with the team members across other process modules such as:
- Materials Management (MM), Plant Maintenance (PM),
- Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC),
- Environment health and safety (EH&S),
- HR, etc
- Design, configure and test of SAP modules
- Work with cross functional team on integration of Vertex, Workday, Winshuttle, PowerPlan, OpenText, etc.
- Be able to facilitate workshops to collect business requirements and translate them to system requirements with the ability to identify gaps, issues and work around solutions
- Provide technical stewardship of end to end integration solutions between SAP and other SAP and non-SAP systems
- Lead functional and technical design, support, documentation and training for multiple integrated systems through SAP
- Document and design development processes, standards, and guidelines for application development
- Act as liaison between SAP development/security/basis team and end user clients
- Degree in Information Technology, Business, or Computer Science with a minimum of 6 years of functional SAP FICO experience. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and related experience would be considered
- Experience with at least 3 complete implementation cycles
- Excellent knowledge of industry best practices to define processes in order to meet internal and external requirements
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting procedures, reporting and business acumen in order to understand and meet business stakeholder needs
- Ability to self-manage multiple and competing priorities
- Strong time management, administrative and organizational skills with ability to handle a varied and demanding workload
- Solid knowledge in IT change management processes and familiarity with tools such as ServiceNow and ChaRM
- Expert / advanced Excel skills is a must
- Ability to deal with confidential information and materials
- Strong knowledge of SAP modules including, at a minimum: FI, CO and nice to have: PPM, PM, MM, PS, HR
- Knowledge of VIM – OpenText (Vendor Invoice Management)
- Ability to write technical specifications for implementation of enhancements and break/fix issues
- Business analysis skills will be required to effectively collect on-going requirements, define solutions alternatives, and implement solutions
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of user group using strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important and critical deadlines)
About Information Services
We’re driven by the relentless delivery of bottom-line benefits, utilizing talented people, nimble process and the right technology. We’re focused on outcome-based innovation and committed to be an idea factory with our business partners. We define success as the delivery of impactful, innovative solutions, not the deployment of technology.
Apply to this posting by 10/25/2021 using reference code 93442. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.