SAP Systems Specialist
Reference Code: 79381
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 03/01/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business. This team is critical in developing enterprise solutions while ensuring the impact of the operational technologies are not interrupted.
The SAP Systems as part of Project Systems team oversees the enhancements and business process around SAP Project systems (PS), Portfolio & Project Management (PPM), Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) modules; and provide support to project teams across TC Energy who are responsible for developing, planning, execution, and close-out of all project levels.
Reporting to the Manager, SAP Systems, the SAP Systems Specialist will support the implementation and sustainment of the SAP PS platform. The successful candidate will be a super user of the software and provide training and support to the Business Units and users. In addition, the role ensures the enhancements to SAP PS module is configured to meet business process and workflows. Collaborating with the IS Product Delivery team, the Specialist will ensure alignment and consistency across decisions and robust implementation of initiatives we undertake.
What you’ll do
- Assess and model business processes to align SAP PS technology to business requirements
- Collaborate with IS team to translate user requirements / processes into SAP PS process and configuration
- Super-user of the SAP PS tool supporting the creation and delivery of training to new/existing users
- Ensure users and Business Units with technical receive support and alignment with process and procedures
- Trouble-shoot and resolve issues in collaboration with IS peers
- Coordinate, prepare content, and strategize use of the platform within the Business Units
- Identify opportunities for platform enhancement
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- 6+ years experience, with significant expertise and strong hands on configuration experience in SAP PS module related experience in this space
- Proven communication skills, ability to work with business and design the business processes into SAP
- Experience with SAP PS integration across other modules such Plant Maintenance (PM), Material Management (MM) & Finance & Controlling (FICO)
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task under high pressure situations with competing priorities and a sense of urgency
- Expert abilities in Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups of individuals
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; able to distill concepts and make them compelling to all audiences
- Experience with relevant systems and tools such as SAP PS and PPM
- Ability to apply critical thinking to work through problems, addressing application use and how it applies and supports governance and process across multiple Business Units and users with varying demands and requirements
- Experience within oil and gas / pipeline industry
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 03/01/2021 using reference code 79381. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.