Reference Code: 88224
Location: Canadá (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 08/06/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy’s Canadian Natural Gas Pipelines SCADA team is expanding in Calgary, Alberta and seeking a keen SCADA Specialist/Analyst to support the work. The team supports multiple gas pipelines located within Canada. The successful applicant will be responsible for the integrity and safe operations of SCADA for the Canada Gas Business Unit within TC Energy.
The successful incumbent has knowledge and experience in SCADA systems, contributing to the maintenance, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, corrective action and administration of multiple SCADA infrastructures.
Additional Role Requirements
- This position will require the candidate to provide 24-hour support to the pipeline control centers on a rotational on-call schedule
- Provide project and operational support that may be outside normal working hours
- Successfully complete a security clearance/criminal record check
- This position may require travel across borders and as such the candidate must be able to provide applicable documentation to this effect
What you’ll do
- Interface with business partners/stakeholders to understand business requirements, which influence functional requirements of SCADA systems
- Develop, perform, witness and acceptance of factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests and commissioning activities that affect the SCADA system
- Manage work assignments through the Management of Change (MOC) process for control center Control Room Management (CRM)
- Provide solutions within the RealTime system to enhance and improve the controller’s framework towards being best in class controllers
- Contribute to problem solving, continuous improvement and standardization efforts for SCADA-related work processes
- Review and implement integrity plans for lifecycle management of SCADA and related real-time systems
- Review and maintain specifications, procedures and standards for SCADA and measurement gathering systems
- Collaborate with project teams during all phases of a projects to assure standards are met
- Contribute to effective transitions into operations and assure on-going sustainability of systems
- An undergraduate degree in related field
- Minimum 6+ years of progressive experience with gas and/or liquids pipeline operation including hands-on SCADA systems; additional experience is considered an asset
- Strong communication skills, customer relations and teamwork
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess a strong interest for SCADA work and leading change
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or technologist diploma
- Knowledge of and/or experience in SCADA and Pipeline Control Center operations
- Good Knowledge of programming languages such as: VB, C#, Java and SQL
- Display Standards and Development
- SCADA and Measurement Protocols
- OASyS SCADA Software experience
- Diligent and quality focused
- Customer-oriented and continuous improvement mindset
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills and can manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Have a strong personal initiative, ability to deliver high quality results, and desire for continuous improvement
- Experience in the development of RealTime solutions with a very high level of quality and reliability
About our business
Our 93,330 km (57,900-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 08/06/2021 using reference code 88224. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.