With a key focus on creating and maintaining project plans the Scheduler will update project reporting and provide general support to the project manager and project team. They will actively develop project management specific processes to ensure consistent reporting on the planning/scheduling phases of projects.
LOCATION/ PROJECT DETAILS
- Alberta and B.C.
- Shift Work (14/7 or 15/6)
- Must be willing to travel as required
- Camp and / or LOA
- Be proficient in building, maintaining, and analyzing schedules in P.6
- Supports construction to define scope of work, construct schedule, analyze data, extract reports, determine critical paths/milestones, etc.
- Using metrics to analyze, monitor progress on project activities and forecast completion costs based on trends, including productivity trends, labor rates analysis, commitments, change management, schedule impacts and material cost variance, establishing differences in initial estimate and final project costs. Input, interpret and analysis cost information providing output to the team of status and variance against budget.
- Participate in the development of project scope, schedule, change orders, contracts, quality assurance and budget data for assigned projects.
- Ensure projects complete required documentation and approval to advance through stage gate process
- Develop and prepare status reports and other related project planning and control documentation
- Assist in tracking, analyzing and reporting on man hours
- Oversee the preparation of internal project review reports and attends/presents information in project review meetings
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- 2-5 years of scheduling experience in a construction environment
- Oil and Gas construction experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Primevera P.6 scheduling software
- Proficient with spreadsheets, Microsoft excel, and word processing software
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capable of participating in and facilitating group meetings
- Accomplished professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Possesses an eye for detail
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.