Requisition Id: 23690
Department: Financial Accounting & Rptg Department
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is currently recruiting a Senior Accountant for a 20-month fixed term. This position reports to the Manager, Financial Accounting and Reporting in the Natural Gas Liquids Business Unit (NBU), part of the Facilities Division. NBU is involved in the fractionation storage and terminalling of our products throughout North America and tracks and calculates the natural gas as it moves from external and internal sources through the various services and business arrangements.
This role is responsible for accounting and reporting for capital and projects and processing joint venture accounting transactions. Other tasks include coordination of the various annual customer and operating joint venture audits. This is a great opportunity for someone with extensive analysis and SAP/Analysis for Office skills and a background in projects, capital assets, and external audit management (financial or joint venture).
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily/adhoc review for adherence to technical accounting and corporate policy for the projects in NBU;
- Daily/adhoc componentization as projects are completed and go into service;
- Monthly project, capital and ROIC reporting for scorecard;
- Monthly corporate reviews and reporting for delayed/cancelled project review;
- Monthly management updates on actual spending and approvals for project;
- Annual coordination of the external audit process for customers and operating joint venture partners;
- Annual coordination of Capital Budget reporting requirements for NBU;
- Monthly processing of Joint Venture accounting;
- Assistance with Technical contract reviews for NBU;
- Monthly – other reporting requirements, as required; and
- Contributing to an environment of inclusion and diversity.
- Business Degree and a CPA designation;
- Previous experience with JV management would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience with Capital and AO reporting would be considered an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional technical, analytical, and accounting skills;
- Strong organizational skills to manage workload with competing priorities and tight timeframes; and
- Strong relationship building skills.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.