SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, EXTERNAL REPORTING
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Director, External Reporting, this position is responsible for providing timely and accurate accounting, analysis, and reporting of financial results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare publicly disclosed U.S GAAP financial statements (including notes, supporting schedules).
- Lead analysis of accounting issues and prepare technical accounting analysis under U.S. GAAP
- Understand and document various complex accounting topics (i.e. pension accounting, financial instruments, share options)
- Complete month-end financial reporting tasks as required
- Prepare other continuous disclosure documents such as the Annual Information Form
- Produce clear documentation that supports reporting needs and audit processes
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- Coordinate information requests for quarterly reporting
- Lead SEC disclosure requirements, such as review of EDGAR html proofs, and XBRL tagging
- Maintain processes and internal controls over financial reporting to support the CEO and CFO certification
- Lead the implementation of changes and enhancements to the reporting process
- Keep up to date with accounting standards under U.S. GAAP and analyze impact of new accounting standards
- Conduct accounting research and prepare technical memos as required
- Assist in ad-hoc projects
What you must have:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance or Accounting)
- Accounting related designation (CPA) with a minimum of five years related work experience
- Proficient in the application of GAAP principles including US GAAP
- Knowledge of financial systems (e.g. JDE and Hyperion) would be an asset
- Advanced or intermediate knowledge in Microsoft applications especially Excel
- Confident, detailed oriented and enthusiastic team player with superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to adhere to timelines and other milestones
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities, and comfortable with taking on new responsibilities
- Ability to work with diverse and cross-functional teams and commits to team success
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.