SENIOR ADVISOR, EHS – RIDLEY ISLAND PROPANE EXPORT TERMINAL
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
The Ridley Island Propane Export Terminal (RIPET) is the first West Coast Propane Export Facility in Canada. This position will offer unique challenges and exceptional opportunities for growth and development within a newly emerging industry in Canada. AltaGas requires an enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated individual to join our team in the Prince Rupert, BC region. This position will be fast paced and will require a dynamic and organized individual. The position will report to the Sr. Manager, EHS Midstream as well as Operations Manager of RIPET. The position will require someone who is able to be flexible with scheduling when the unexpected arises.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the RIPET site leadership, workers and contractors in delivering superior EHS performance.
- Provide technical Environmental, Health and Safety support across RIPET
- Stay apprised of the regulatory changes within the EHS portfolio and assist operations with meeting changing needs
- Actively communicate with the Regulatory Groups pertaining to environment, health and safety issues
- Work with various stakeholders such as Ridley Terminal Inc. (RTI) and Prince Rupert Port Authority (PRPA) to ensure all Safety and Security plans are communicated and aligned appropriately
- Manage and monitor the effectiveness of the RIPET Emergency Response Program ensuring the program is robust and meets regulatory requirements. Assist with planning and deliver of response drills as well as fill a role within the site Incident Management Team.
- Implementation and improvement of Midstream Operating Management System at RIPET with specific focus on the EHS related Programs and Elements
- Compliance with applicable codes, standards, and industry best practices
- Support and participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Day to day coaching and mentoring of workers in the facility
- Own the Incident Management Process at RIPET. Lead and support incident investigations.
- Conduct regular safety meetings and facility inspections
- Perform various audits and inspections to evaluate various health and safety programs and initiatives
- Review the Port Plan and ensure drills are conducted as required by Transport Canada
- Conduct in house training on company programs, policies, onboarding and orientations
- Be available during off hours to provide support as required
- Attend and participate in training for professional development
- Be an active member of the Midstream EHS Team / network
- Assume the responsibility of Marine Facility Security Officer
What you must have:
- Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in EHS
- Oil and Gas or heavy industrial experience and / or marine facility experience would be an asset
- Proven understanding of EHS management systems and recognition as a respected and credible subject matter expert
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence people, often without direct authority
- Strong work ethic and a bias for action, setting challenging goals and taking personal pride in your own performance and that of the group
- Working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and industry best practices. Specific knowledge of both federal and British Columbia health and safety regulations.
- Experience with TapRooT or other similar root cause analysis process would be beneficial
- Results oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines
- Professional verbal and written skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Clean driver’s abstract and valid driver’s license
Where you’ll be working:
The Ridley Island Propane Export Terminal is located on Ridley Island near Prince Rupert, British Columbia, on a section of land leased by Ridley Terminals Inc. (RTI) from the Prince Rupert Port Authority (PRPA). The brownfield site has a history of industrial development and benefits from excellent railway access and a world class marine jetty with deep water access to the Pacific Ocean. To learn more about working on the Ridley Island Propane Export Terminal visit RIPET.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.