SENIOR ANALYST, EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
The Total Rewards team delivers market-competitive Total Rewards programs that attract and retain key talent, and manage and reward performance, providing timely HR reporting and analytics to help manage costs and drive effective people-related decisions.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Compensation, this position is responsible for leading the design, review, and administration of executive compensation plans, as well as providing expertise and support on broader compensation programs. The Senior Analyst acts as a subject matter expert and provides guidance to HR and the broader organization on plan design, best practices, and legislative matters. The Senior Analyst works collaboratively with HR Business Partners, Business Leaders, and other key stakeholder to ensure the success of the organization’s Total Rewards plans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leads Canadian & US executive job and market analysis in partnership with our third-party consultants to establish externally competitive and internally equitable levels of pay
- Reviews current executive compensation plans and recommends design changes based on external best practices and the organization’s strategic goals
- Supports Senior Leadership through the executive offer process with compensation proposals, messaging, and material preparation
- Conducts analyses and prepares materials to support Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and related Committee meetings on a scheduled and ad hoc basis
- Prepares data for use in financial reports and Canadian and US public/external filings, including the annual proxy statement, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Collaborates with internal and external contacts (including Legal, Finance, Benefits, etc.) to effectively execute compensation plans
- Leads and participates in the design, development, and data management of compensation and HCM systems to support efficient, technology-driven processes and programs
- Administers the organization’s broader compensation plan, including any related analysis, administration, and communications
- Provides coaching and technical guidance to other team members, particularly in the area of Executive Compensation
- Performs additional duties as assigned
What you must have:
- 7+ years of compensation experience, inclusive of a minimum of 3 years of experience designing and administering Canadian and US executive compensation programs
- Bachelors or Associated Degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with Shareworks and Workday preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred
- Previous experience working in an operating model where collaboration between HR Business Partners, COEs and HR Shared Services is key to success
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of incentive plan design and administration
- Strong understanding of the financial and legal drivers behind compensation programs
- Ability to work effectively with key partners in related functions including Finance, Legal and Tax
- Ability to understand and present complex business issues in a logical and concise manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical skill and strong sense of urgency to achieve results
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.