Requisition Id: 23291
Department: VMLP Customer Service Business Unit
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for a Senior Representative, Business Development & ESG to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, Customer Service and Business Development of Veresen Midstream Limited Partnership (“Veresen Midstream”), part of Pembina’s Facilities Division.
Formed in 2014, Veresen Midstream is a partnership between Pembina Pipeline Corporation and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. LP and is Canada’s largest independent private midstream company. With over 1.6 bcf per day of natural gas processing and an extensive natural gas gathering network, Veresen Midstream is the leading midstream service provider in the Montney serving Northwest Alberta and Northeast British Columbia.
Veresen Midstream is focused on being the preferred services provider to producers through commercial creativity, operational excellence, and superior customer service. Our large-scale network of assets includes the Hythe / Steeprock sour gas processing complex which has over 500 mmcf/d of processing capacity and the Tower, Sunrise and Saturn gas plants in British Columbia which together have a combined processing capacity of 1.1 bcf/d. Veresen Midstream is a leader in ESG; our British Columbia based processing facilities have some of the lowest carbon footprints of comparable facilities in North America.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Responsible for identifying and growing Veresen Midstream’s business through organic and inorganic opportunities, in the GHG reduction and/or green energy space;
• Responsible for coordinating Veresen Midstream’s external ESG reporting;
• Monitoring and evaluation of producer information and industry trends, identification of expansion or exploitation opportunities;
• Lead strategy, negotiations and structuring of transactions and commercial arrangements;
• Developing financial models and presentations to evaluate and communicate project economics and variance analysis;
• Analysis and development of commercial proposals and agreements;
• Working closely with key stakeholders (Engineering, Regulatory, etc.) throughout the project development process;
• Strong awareness of the producer community as it relates to Veresen Midstream’s infrastructure;
• Working with multifaceted teams within Pembina’s business units to develop integrated service offerings to customers;
• Fostering, developing, and managing working relationships within Veresen Midstream and Industry;
• Working with Pembina’s shared service resources to coordinate Veresen Midstream’s externally focused communications and community investment initiatives; and
• Contributing to a team environment that values equity, inclusion, and diversity.
• Post-secondary Degree in Commerce or Engineering with 10+ years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably in the joint venture, marketing, and/or engineering & project development space;
• Solid knowledge of the Western Canadian oil and gas industry;
• Experience in contract negotiation, preparation, analysis, and execution;
• Strong analytical skills with solid business and financial acumen, familiarity with economic analysis of alternatives and selection of premium opportunities;
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
• Proven ability to establish strong internal and external relationships;
• Energetic, resilient, collaborative, and goal oriented; and
• Must be able to take direction but also able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.