Senior Canadian Tax Analyst
Reference Code: 86442
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/24/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business to the Canadian Tax team. We are seeking an experienced Senior Canadian Tax Analyst to exercise initiative in an adapting and dynamic environment. You will liaise with Corporate Accounting, External and Internal Legal teams, Treasury and Finance to provide income tax guidance for all of TC Energy’s Canadian business units. This role reports to the Manager, CA Income Tax Compliance.
What you’ll do
- Prepare and review tax returns for a large number of Canadian entities (both corporations and partnerships)
- Provide leadership and further develop best practices in compliance with corporate income tax processes as they relate to TC Energy’s Canadian entities
- Remain up-to-date on changes in tax legislation that may impact TC Energy’s Canadian entities
- Prepare annual tax provisions for various Canadian entities
- Correspond with Federal and Provincial tax authorities as required, including the preparation of responses to audit information requests
- Participate in special projects including researching tax issues and presenting recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or commerce
- 6 – 10 years of related experience
- Completion of your CPA designation
- Completion of or near completion of level III in the CPA Canada in-depth income tax course
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Advanced knowledge of software, in particular MS Excel and TaxPrep
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to interact effectively with senior management
- Strong attention to detail, and a team player having the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Defined project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate and proactively resolve issues
- Working knowledge of accounting and reporting standards, specifically US GAAP, as they relate to income taxes
- Working knowledge of SAP and OneSource Tax Provision
- Working knowledge of rate regulated accounting
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 09/24/2021 using reference code 86442. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.