Senior Claims Analyst – Project Controls
Reference Code: 75396
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Engineering; Project Management
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 05/11/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
This opportunity is to join the newly formed Claims Avoidance and Mitigation Team within the Project Delivery Excellence department.
The Senior Claims Analyst role requires a broad and flexible skill set, focused on issue identification, trouble shooting, and problem solving at a macro and micro levels. The successful candidate will be articulate, have established relationship building skills, proven ability to research, strong schedule analysis skills and the ability to influence without formal authority. A passion for continuous improvement is essential.
This role reports to the Manager, Claims Avoidance and Mitigation.
What you’ll do
- Review project data and documentation such as schedules, reports, weather data, cost reports and more to determine trends and key findings for the identification of claims risk and mitigation opportunities
- Perform project claims preparation and analysis, inclusive of analysis of cost and schedule impacts and damage assessments
- Understand Contract risk allocation and build targeted response strategies for claims avoidance and / or claims mitigation when claims arise
- Understand and identify existing TC Energy work practices and behaviors that may contribute to increased claims and work with key stakeholders to challenge and change those behaviors
- Prepare and publish reports demonstrating sound claims analysis, problem-solving, clear articulation of findings and unrivaled attention to detail with a focus on cost and schedule management
- Assimilate large volumes of varied information and be able to simplify concepts and convert highly technical information into graphics, reports and presentation for easy comprehension
- University degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 8-10 years of progressive relevant experience with knowledge of large industrial projects, contract change management, claims avoidance and mitigation, analysis and resolution
- Excellent understanding of schedule analysis and schedule management best practices
- Prior experience managing construction and field services work in a project controls or related capacity
- Excellent understanding of oil and gas, utility and pipeline construction projects and operations, including project controls interfaces with other disciplines
- Demonstrated experience to translate technical information to clearly written materials and presentation suitable for target audience
- Highly organized, problem-solver and ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Experience in construction delay and productivity analysis
- Robust communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to work effectively in fast-paced, cross-functional teams and to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Thorough understanding of Primavera, ability to analyze schedule changes and teach others
- Experience with Omega Pims is considered an asset
- Able to communicate effectively and present to senior management
- Demonstrated experience with MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Power BI
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 05/11/2021 using reference code 75396. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.