Senior Community Giving Advisor – Canada
Reference Code: 93181
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Communications/Marketing
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/19/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Through our Community and Workforce Giving programs, TC Energy gives back in meaningful ways to causes and organizations that create value for communities, enhance our business and engage our workforce. As the Senior Community Giving Advisor – Canada, you’ll have the opportunity to engage and collaborate with community partners, and with stakeholders across our organization, including leaders, subject matter experts and our workforce to execute giving strategies that meet the evolving needs of our business. This career opportunity is also critical to support TC Energy’s sustainability objectives and your work will contribute to the advancement and achievement of company targets.
Reporting to the Manager, Community and Workforce Giving (CWG), the primary purpose of this position is to develop giving strategies and signature community partnerships that create meaningful engagement opportunities for our business, both on capital projects and across our operational footprint in Canada.
The position requires a seasoned giving professional who has a broad range of stakeholder relations experience and skills – including analyzing stakeholder risk, building strategic partnerships and creating compelling narratives that will help tell the TC Energy story.
What you’ll do
- Identify grant opportunities that are strategic and aligned with program guidelines, considering political and stakeholder issues
- Steward the strategic spend of the Community Giving – Canada budget allocation (typically ~$10MM annually)
- Advise on appropriate investment levels during one-off situations such as natural disasters and memorial donations
- Manage our regional giving program, which aligns to operational business priorities across our Canadian footprint
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to develop giving strategies in support of capital projects
- Develop business cases to demonstrate the strategic value of partnerships in order to secure senior leader approval
- Develop and implement partnership activation plans to achieve business value for TC Energy
- Collaborate effectively with our communications advisor, resulting in creative, value-add content for internal and external audiences
- Leverage, track and report on the success of our partnerships annually, recommending adjustments as appropriate
- Advise leadership on strategic giving approaches, leveraging CWG data effectively
- Represent the company in both large and small public settings in a professional and skillful manner
- Perform as a self-starter, identify opportunities to improve the program and take initiative
- Provide guidance to junior staff and oversee their capacity, as appropriate
- Special assignments that advance the CWG strategy, as required
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Business Administration (or equivalent)
- Experience in community giving, social impact, philanthropy (in a corporate setting – preferred)
- Strong project management with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, developing metrics and delivering measurable results
- A customer service-oriented team player who can build rapport with team members, internal stakeholders and community partners with ease
- Flexible, able to work outside of business hours when necessary and comfortable working remotely
- A proactive, results-driven personality with strong consultation, negotiation, relationship building and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think strategically, weigh issues and recommend effective solutions
- A strong passion for collaboration, organization and efficiency
- Energy industry experience
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/19/2021 using reference code 93181. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.