- Develop, implement, and maintain formalized project cost management systems and processes to deliver infrastructure projects more effectively.
- Develop budgeting, forecasting, tracking, analysis, and reporting protocols for all project related costs (using Earned Value & other methodologies).
- Develop project specific Controls’ strategies that aligns with overall strategy & processes.
- Implement best-practice processes and systems for project cost forecasting, reporting, analysis and management.
- Working closely with the Accounting department and Intermediate Capital Project Accountant, ensure accurate capturing of project costs in system of record, including effective coding by projects, contracts, work breakdown structures, etc.
- Coordinate with contractors, Accounting, and other project team members to ensure the timely payment of project costs.
- Control project costs through proactively managing cost changes and ensuring that changes to the baseline are conducted through auditable control processes.
- Provide monthly reporting of project performance and cost variance to program/project owners, senior management, board of directors and other key stakeholders.
- Assess overall completeness and accuracy of project cost estimates at various stages of project life cycle, including adequacy of total estimated costs to completion.
- Work closely with program/project owners, identify and support the realization of cost optimization opportunities.
- Provide ad-hoc cost analysis and decision support as needed.
- Manage financial closeout process for major capital projects.
- Support the process to develop Business Cases to support the organization’s decision process for large capital transactions, including consideration of alternative approaches, analysis of key risks, and development of mitigations where optimal.
- Assist managers delivering capital projects and programs to control costs through the provision of accurate, complete, and timely capital project cost management information and required variance analysis and assist in the formulation of follow-up action plans.
- Assist delivery managers with the development of project cost estimates and updated budgets and forecasts.
- Advise on the development of key internal controls and effective project controls policies and procedures, as required.
- Participate as a member of various inter-departmental teams in the planning, implementation and management of business initiatives.
- Propose improvement initiatives by analyzing and evaluating systems to recommend, design or implement changes to be more efficient and effective.
- Support program/project owners to manage cost risks (including performing quantitative risk analysis), contingency and spending approvals, and provide them with information and guidance to efficiently manage the project’s costs
- Participate in the risk management process over projects by maintaining respective project risk registers and facilitating workshops
- Participate in risk analysis and identify high-risk issues that may impact project success and recommends solutions.st
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.