Senior Crossings Engineer
The Crossing Group is within the Right-of-Way Management and Project Support Team under Technical Services in Canadian Gas Operations (CGO). The focus of the Crossings Group is to complete surface loading analysis of temporary and permanent vehicle crossings across all of TransCanada’s buried pipelines, to meet regulatory requirements and standards. In addition, the Crossings Group manages urban development applications, new construction design basis reviews, guiding and defining protective measure solutions, and provides technical crossing guidance for the Crossing and Encroachment TransCanada Operating Procedure (TOP). The Crossings Group also completes 1st and 2nd party crossings assessments as needed (for facilities and pipelines). The Crossings Group is committed to improving accuracy and efficiency of surface loading analysis and leads various multi-year R&D projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership utilizing mature engineering knowledge in planning and conducting engineering analysis of significant scope and responsibility;
- Mentoring and guiding technical staff;
- Manage permanent vehicle crossing assessments and approvals;
- Communicate and report technical aspects and project work progress to Leadership;
- Collaborate with internal key stakeholders to reach optimized solutions;
- Negotiating with third parties i.e. developers and applicants in collaboration to achieve compliant designs;
- Manage, oversee, communicate and provide training on the implementation on the 1st and 2nd party crossing procedure;
- Manage TransCanada’s protective measure typical drawings;
- Create procedures to guide efficiency and consistency;
- Optimize and guide procedures and process improvements;
- Identify and manage new R&D projects.
- Understanding of pipeline design, facility design, pipeline integrity and risk analysis would be an asset;
- Background in stress analysis and assessments relating to pipelines. Specifically, pipeline crossings knowledge (vehicle surface loading analysis) and experience would be an asset;
- Background in pipeline defect assessment and risk analysis would be an asset;
- Thorough understanding of Canadian regulations and standards related to pipelines;
- Knowledge of Canadian civil bridge code design and geotechnical knowledge would be an asset;
- Experience in developing technical procedures and processes to ensure safety, compliance, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Project Management experience would be an asset;
- Demonstrated excellence in the following skill sets: communication (written and oral), time management, decision making and negotiating.
- B.Sc. Engineering (Civil, Materials, Mechanical, or Petroleum);
- Registered practicing Professional Engineer Designation with APEGA;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of engineering experience.
*This position requires candidates to:
- have and maintain a valid Driver’s License;
- provide a Driver’s Abstract for review;
*Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home.
*This position will require travel across borders and as such the candidate must be able to provide applicable documentation to this affect.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada’s accommodation policies please contact email@example.com.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 06/24/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 49477. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we’ve had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We’re looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-Senior-Crossings-Engineer-AB/483778400/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →