Requisition Id: 23566
Department: IS Infrastructure Area
Pembina Pipeline is seeking an ambitious, hard-working Senior DevOps Infrastructure Analyst, to join the Information Services Unit (ISU) in our Calgary corporate office. Reporting to the Supervisor, IS Infrastructure, the successful candidate will work closely with the Data Sciences teams and to provide timely responses to related requests in support of development best practice approaches.
The Senior DevOps Infrastructure Analyst at Pembina will manage a variety of Cloud PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS technologies. Responsible for the planning, support, maintenance, security, integrity, and availability of the development ecosystem. In addition to a natural enthusiasm for IS, a strong business acumen, the ability to come up with creative suggestions and customer service focus are a must for this role.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Pembina’s Cloud adoption strategy;
- Ensure availability and recoverability of Pembina’s IS development cloud workloads;
- Assist in the support and creation of development environments that ensure efficient workstream for the Data Sciences team;
- Identifies areas for improvement, providing recommendations for more efficient DevOps processes;
- Deployment automation and configuration management experience with scripting tools and services – PowerShell, Bash;
- Continuous monitoring, maintenance and patching of all development components to ensure the health and stability of the environment;
- Assist in scaling out our operations infrastructure in a secure and reproducible manner;
- Management of Infrastructure as code containing products like Kubernetes and Docker;
- Manage cloud networking components;
- Troubleshoots issues with peers and third-party vendors to resolve development related problems;
- Internally motivated self-starter that enjoys working both independently and in team environments;
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to meet the strategic needs of the company;
- Ability to liaise with numerous departments, members, and functional roles; and
- Provide timely updates project status including issues, deliverables, and timelines.
Qualifications and Skills
- Participate in a diverse and Inclusive work environment;
- Completion of an Information Systems degree or diploma program (combination of relevant education and experience will be considered);
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience supporting development teams and service; and
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
Strong technical skills and hands-on experience in the following areas:
- High proficient with scripting and automation technologies such as PowerShell, Bash;
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration – Azure DevOps;
- Container Concepts (Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, etc.);
- Infrastructure Automation – Azure Bicep, ARM;
- Well versed in foundational security constructs;
- Monitoring & alerting – understanding what is important to measure, unified logging architecture & analytics; and
- Experience deploying and managing Azure PaaS offerings including Kubernetes, Databricks, Data Lake is considered an asset.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.