We are currently seeking a Senior Drilling Engineer to provide drilling technical support to capital activities across ARC’s asset base. The successful candidate will have a broad drilling technical skillset and a proven track record of building relationships across multi-disciplinary asset teams.
This full-time, permanent position reports to the Manager, Drilling and is based in Calgary with the expectation of regular travel to various field locations. This position offers a great opportunity to join a world class oil and gas producer with a proven strategy, exceptional opportunities and outstanding people.
- Performs offset analysis for upcoming wells according to latest drilling schedule
- Estimate cost and days to drill the wells and raise AFEs
- Design drilling programs and stick diagrams in accordance with industry recognized technical criteria and applicable drilling regulations, to achieve project objectives in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Design safe and economic casing strings
- Design wellbore hydraulics and BHAs to maximize bit life and drilling rate
- Ensure procedures are technically valid and applicable to the specific well conditions, monitor and evaluate well conditions, NPT and Drilling Curves
- Communicate with Service Contractors about technical issues and any changes in the drilling program
- Ensure all routine drilling and cost control reports are accurate, complete and timely.
- Communicate with Service Contractors to ordering long lead items (casing, wellhead…)
- Prepare end of well/pad reports, analysis and recommendations
- Assist the Drilling Superintendent/ Drilling Engineers to supervise the HSE system
- Act as a member of the Emergency Response Group, supporting the Drilling Engineers in the event of an emergency response situation
The candidate we seek is an experienced professional engineer with 10 – 15 years of industry experience. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience supporting horizontal drilling within the Montney is an asset
- Continuous learner who accepts feedback and is willing to ask for help
- Innovative thinker with proactive planning and organizational skills
- Curious and analytical problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and genuine team player
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing demands and multiple deadlines
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement, safety & environmental stewardship, and business ethics
To apply for this job please visit arcresources.hgcareers.com.