- Heavily involved in the development of gateway and telemetry units, focusing on creating hardware/software requirements, developing software architecture, implementing customized Linux distribution, handling various communication interface/protocols (WiFi, LTE, Bluetooth, ethernet, USB, CAN, serial ports), conducting tests for both hardware and software.
- Develop requirements of gateway and telemetry functions, interface connection, compliance, and performance.
- Work on board level development (boot, drivers, etc) with strong embedded constraint and support package from suppliers
- Implement embedded software for backend in C/C++, and web interface with Java script, CSS and HTML, or equivalent languages and tools.
- Establish and continuously improve embedded software development process by following internal and industry standards.
- Verify and validate software using debugger, emulator, test bench and actual system integration
- Manage software version control and implement CI/CD testing/releasing methodology.
- Prepare technical documents, including component requirement and design documents, test plan/matrix and test report, and engage in the formal change management process.
- Maintain the existing data management framework, and work on establishing more advanced approach to efficiently capture and transmit data with flexible and scalable configuration.
- Under the direction of the Controls Engineering Manager, work within cross-functional teams with the implementation of systems engineering processes, which may include cross-functional reviews of requirements and documenting specifications.
- Other duties as occasionally required by management.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.