Senior Environmental Advisor – Air Emissions & Reporting
Reference Code: 92487
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Health, Safety, Environment; Engineering
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/20/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
We are seeking a driven Senior Environmental Advisor who will report to the Manager, Air Emissions. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for conducting technical analysis on greenhouse gas emissions and air pollutants in support of corporate compliance and sustainability reporting, as well as assisting with the development of corporate risk mitigation and sustainability strategies. In addition to supporting annual compliance reporting, in this role you will have specific responsibilities for developing, maintaining and communicating the corporate greenhouse gas (GHG) and air emissions inventory. Responsibilities will include compiling emissions data according to relevant frameworks for Sustainability and voluntary reporting and monitoring progress toward emission reduction requirements.
This position will also work closely with internal TC Energy groups on developing and supporting implementation of strategies, processes and systems to enhance and standardize emissions tracking to advance the corporate emissions inventory.
What you’ll do
- Support preparation of government mandated air and GHG compliance reporting of emission sources, permit applications and emissions inventories; support evaluation of control technology equipment and processes to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and to assess potential emission reduction opportunity
- Provide technical assistance in the evaluation and management of climate change and air emissions as a Sustainability focus area
- Coordinate across business units to collect emissions data and quantify corporate Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions; source data and quantify Scope 3 GHG emissions; manage, update and document the corporate GHG emissions inventory
- Lead compilation of air emissions data according to relevant frameworks for Sustainability, ESG and other disclosures; manage provision of corporate GHG data for other purposes
- Communicate and contextualize the corporate GHG and air emissions inventory for internal audiences; in collaboration with internal teams (i.e., Communications, Stakeholder Relations, Legal, Finance) support external communications
- Support corporate GHG data assurance, as required
- Drive standardization of compliance and voluntary reporting emissions data; review company procedures and processes to identify gaps; recommend and support implementation of strategies, processes and systems to enhance and standardize emissions tracking
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to track and quantify emission reductions; monitor progress toward emission reduction requirements
- Work with team of internal subject matter experts to align corporate Sustainability and ESG air emissions metrics in order to measure and monitor TC Energy’s emission performance
- Manage projects, schedules and budgets as necessary
- Manage the communication of complex, technical information to leadership as well as to internal and external stakeholders
- Support development of responses to public, regulatory and legislative questions on air emission and GHG issues
- Bachelor’s Degree, and preferably Master’s Degree, in engineering, environmental sciences or related disciplines, with a focus on climate change and air emissions
- Minimum 6-8 years environmental compliance or related experience, with comprehensive knowledge and practical experience with air and greenhouse gas regulations pertaining to oil and gas operations, transmission pipelines or utilities
- Excellent computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience with air emissions and greenhouse gas inventory development, compliance reporting, verification and voluntary reporting
- P.Eng., Verifier, Auditor or other professional designation with an air emphasis
- Familiarity with GHG / air emissions regulatory frameworks for federal and provincial / state jurisdictions and voluntary reporting frameworks
- Expertise in assessing air emissions policy and regulatory issues to support development of corporate reporting and policy positions including familiarity with carbon pricing and management frameworks
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy; ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users
- Commitment to client service and support
- Strong team orientation, demonstrating a high level of collaboration and cooperation within functional and cross-functional teams as well as independent initiative and motivation
- Proven systems thinker with strong analytical, process and problem resolution skills
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/20/2021 using reference code 92487. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.