Senior ESG Analyst
Reference Code: 103567
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 05/18/2022
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, innovation, responsibility, collaboration and integrity, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
To stay ahead of growing ESG demands, we are seeking a Senior ESG Analyst with the proven skills, competencies and ambition to support the CFO area’s evolving ESG strategy. This role is based within the Investor Relations team and reports to the Director, Investor Relations ESG.
What you’ll do
- Support the continued evolution and ongoing implementation of the CFO area’s expanding proactive ESG strategy
- Draft high-quality ESG messaging and written inquiry responses
- Interact with the investment community on ESG-related topics
- Support investor meetings and events, including Investor Day and ESG Day
- Analyze ESG ratings reports, engage with ESG raters and present findings in annual internal roadshow tailored to various groups
- Collaborate closely with Sustainability group to ensure annual ESG reporting is in line with financial stakeholder expectations
- Monitor ESG research and industry developments
- Maintain a news database and circulate relevant updates in a timely fashion
- Oversee and coordinate an ESG acumen program for all members of the CFO area
- Support ESG inclusion in the company’s Enterprise Risk Management program
- Draft key Board materials, including but not limited to, ESG-related materials
- Undergraduate degree in finance, management, sustainability, communications, economics or related discipline
- Five or more years of related and progressive industry/business experience is required
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate and proactively resolve issues
- Propensity to thrive in a demanding environment
- Passion for ESG, sustainability and finding creative and effective ways to represent TC Energy’s approach to these things
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints while managing multiple priorities/expectations
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Strong business aptitude and an ability to be innovative and capable of critical thinking
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as required
- Demonstrated experience solving ambiguous problems and undertaking complex projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong background in research, analysis and determination of potential impacts
- General understanding of the pipeline and energy infrastructure industry
- Knowledge of TC’s operations and businesses
- Understanding of the investor relations function at a publicly traded company
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces and 34 U.S. states
Apply to this posting by 05/18/2022 using reference code 103567. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.