- Supervise, mentor, assist and assign tasks to Estimators, Junior Estimators and where required other support staff.
- Manage the preparation and development of estimates in accordance with company processes, including peer and management reviews, preparation of estimate development plans and schedules, identifying required resources, delegating responsibilities and monitoring the progress to ensure the timely completion for submission of proposals.
- Professionally and adequately estimate the personnel, equipment, materials, subcontractors and indirect costs associated with each project; using company estimating software.
- Review estimate production rates, associated labor and equipment resources to as constructed data and previous estimates.
- Prepare estimate presentations and present to senior management for review and approval at the appropriate level
- Review and analyse incoming customer request documents in order to identify all technical issues and contractual red flags for further discussion with relevant functional areas within the Company and the customer. Liaise with Proposals Lead & Estimating Manager to ensure all affected functional areas are provided with relevant documents and other information to support proposal preparation activities.
- Assist the Proposals Lead where required with the writing, editing and production of proposals.
Responsible for ensuring that final pricing documents are signed off at the appropriate level and have been reviewed by all relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare material and vendor submissions for review.
- Assume responsibility for bidding quality to meet customers’ expectation.
- Responsible reviewing and developing responses for post-bid clarification.
- Responsible for planning and presentation of tender handover meetings, ensuring all aspects of the estimate, qualifications, basis documents, schedule and technical proposal are handed over to the project team in line with company process.
- Participate in contract negotiation, review, and risk mitigation.
- Assist Proposal & Estimating Manager with implementation of estimating software.
- Review estimates/proposals to ensure completeness, accuracy, and conformity to functional process.
- Assist proposals scheduler to develop proposal stage construction schedules and ensuring critical path and manpower loading are identified accurately.
- Review contracts and interpret any cost impacts for the proposal in conjunction with the commercial team.
- Identify potential risks, opportunities, and alternative solutions.
- Manage bid stage project risk register and as required coordinate bid stage risk meetings.
- Assist in resolving estimating matters during contract negotiations and execution, as required.
- Participate in the presentation of estimates/proposals to corporate management and or clients.
- Collaborate with other functions, engineering firms, and vendors to enhance project success.
- Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and where necessary enter into correspondence with suppliers to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.energy.