Senior Financial Analyst, Evaluations
Reference Code: 73643
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 03/05/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the Manager, Corporate Evaluations within the Capital Markets department. This role will provide financial, economic, and risk analysis to support the evaluation of investment opportunities including acquisitions and divestitures, and business initiatives. The successful person will be required to interface with senior management and functional area subject matter experts across the organization.
*This position may require travel across borders and as such the candidate must be able to provide applicable documentation to this affect.
What you’ll do
• Conduct detailed financial analysis of development opportunities and existing assets requiring investment and/or commercial decisions
• Identify key project financial risks and benefits; propose commercial or structural alternatives to minimize risks while maximizing value
• Contribute to and coordinate investment decision reports for management and Board approvals
• Work closely with Business Units and other internal subject matter experts to validate and refine assumptions and results
• Maintain long term financial models to evaluate value of TC Energy’s assets
• Prepare and present the overall results, assumptions and impacts of a project to management and stakeholders
• 10+ years of related and progressive industry / business experience
• University degree in related relevant field (Statistics, Commerce, Economics)
• Completion of or working towards at least one of the following: CFA, CBV, CPA
• An alternate combination of education and experience may be considered
• Completion of a finance focused MBA an asset
• Strong business acumen – prior knowledge of the Natural Gas, Power Generation, and/or Liquids businesses would be considered an asset
• Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis, with a high degree of accuracy and integrity
• Capability and flexibility to respond to time pressure by adjusting work hours to meet critical deadlines
• A passion for continuous learning
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• A critical thinker and a problem solver
• A thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of accounting, economics, tax and finance and their applications to business situations and risk assessments
• Demonstrated ability in working with complex financial models using Excel and applying superior modeling skills in a problem-solving context
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 03/05/2021 using reference code 73643. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.