SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST, MARKETING ACCOUNTING
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Manager Finance, Energy Services, this position is responsible for the accounting and reporting for natural gas liquids (NGL) trading activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accurate and timely settlement and processing of physical NGL Marketing transactions
- Settlement and processing of financial NGL transactions
- Model and forecast rapidly changing and growing Marketing business. Understand drivers of Marketing business and how they affect our bottom line
- Calculating and entering monthly accrual entries to support an early GL close. Verifying inputs and outputs for accurate accruals. Performing detailed accrual to actual variance analysis for management and front office
- Liaise between front office, middle office, back office and management to develop and maintain flow of information
- Complete reconciliations of various general ledger accounts
- Assist with the compilation and filing of various regulatory reports
- Reconcile margin on a monthly basis to provide an in depth understanding to operations of the financial results of their business and ensure accuracy of reported results
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Provide guidance to and assist in the development of junior team members
- Support the team to ensure compliance with SOX and internal controls
- Assist with improving current processes and systems (Allegro)
What you must have:
- Bachelors’ degree (Commerce, Business Administration, or related discipline) and professional accounting designation or working towards designation (CPA or CFA)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a marketing accounting role
- Previous experience with NGL Marketing would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal. Candidate must be able to work with teams with varying backgrounds, and to communicate to leadership
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision, have a strong attention to detail and be able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent excel skills
- Knowledge of Allegro, JD Edwards and Power BI considered an asset
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.