Requisition Id: 22431
Department: Compliance Area
Pembina’s Internal Audit department provides management and the Board of Directors with ongoing assessments of Pembina’s risk management processes and system of internal controls. The team is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Internal Auditor (“IA”) for an 12-month full-time contract term.
Summary of Responsibilities
The role will primarily support the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting Program (“ICFR”). Specific responsibilities include:
- Under the guidance of the Supervisor, participate in the execution of the ICFR program; including risk assessment procedures, control testing and documentation;
- Actively engage with management to ensure robust evidentiary material is maintained for the purposes of meeting Pembina’s ICFR requirements and IIA standards;
- Proactively work with business units to adapt ICFR program to changing IT environment;
- Liaise with Pembina’s external auditors to ensure the timely progression of control testing;
- Participate in the coaching of junior staff;
- Assist with productivity initiatives to automate testing of certain control procedures;
- Complete activities as assigned within budgeted timeframes while continuously look for areas of improvement; and
- Participate in other Internal Audit engagements, or special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business; CPA or CIA certified;
- Minimum of 5-10 years of audit experience or equivalent experience, with SOX 404 documentation and testing compliance;
- Preference will be given to candidates that possess both industry and public accounting experience, specifically integrated audit experience;
- In depth knowledge of governance, risk and compliance frameworks such as COSO 2013 and regulator frameworks that govern ICFR and Disclosure Controls and Procedures;
- Aptitude for overall business acumen, detailed understanding of general business processes;
- Thorough, diligent and detail-oriented documentation skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as well as multi-task;
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and an ability to work in a team environment;
- Communicate effectively in a clear and professional manner to all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing using appropriate terminology and communication methods;
- Effectively present findings in both face-to-face and small group settings with peers and management;
- Participate in an inclusive and diverse workplace;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; and
- Practical experience using SAP is considered an asset.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.