Senior International Tax Analyst
Reference Code: 91121
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/22/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our Taxation team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary, Alberta, to support International Tax team.
We are seeking an International Tax Analyst who has knowledge and experience in International Tax, including Canadian foreign affiliate legislation, and will involve working closely with various stakeholders within the organization to ensure tax compliance. This role reports to the Manager, International Tax.
Along with your strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to be successful in this role, you must have an interest in, or career aspirations related to, corporate tax and initiative and commitment to the corporate tax team.
What you’ll do
- Support TC Energy’s overall tax strategy through assisting in developing and implementing tax planning opportunities and tax minimization strategies
- Prepare research and provide guidance on compliance issues
- Prepare Canadian foreign affiliate filings, surplus and ACB calculations
- Involvement in special projects including acquisitions and greenfield developments
- Coordinate with Corporate Accounting, Legal, Treasury and Finance departments to provide tax guidance for TC Energy’s business units as necessary
- Review the work of and assist with the development of junior tax staff members
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or commerce
- 6 – 10 years of related experience
- Completion of your CPA designation
- Completion of or near completion of level III in the CPA Canada in-depth income tax course
- Strong technical tax knowledge
- Canadian foreign affiliate experience and completion of CPA International Tax Course would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to interact effectively with senior management as well as external parties
- Defined project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, and a team player having the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Thrives under pressure having strong organizational skills and the ability to make important decisions in a dynamic environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate and proactively resolve issues
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/22/2021 using reference code 91121. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.