Requisition Id: 22927
Department: Technical Services Unit
Pembina has an exciting new opportunity open with the Technical Services Unit (TSU), Senior Manager, Asset Management. This position reports to the Vice President, Technical Services in the Technical Services Unit (TSU), part of Pembina’s Corporate Services division.
In addition to the Construction Services Office and Product Quality and Measurement, Technical Services Unit (TSU) manages on behalf of the Company’s Business Units (BU’s) a comprehensive Asset Integrity Program, which includes the pipeline integrity, integrity and risk assurance, damage prevention and public awareness, GIS, integrity project management and construction, and facility integrity teams.
As a key contributor of the TSU Leadership team, the Senior Manager, Asset Management is responsible for the overall implementation and sustainment of Pembina’s Asset Management program and the development and governance of engineering standards, specifications and procedures as well as oversight of the corporate Process Safety Program. As the owner of the Asset Management program, the Senior Manager will oversee the following key Asset Management and Process Safety systems and programs.
- Promote operating excellence and support delivery of initiatives that align with the strategic objectives of Pembina’s Operating Management System (OMS), Pembina Maintenance Management (PMM), Process Safety and the Operating Peer Group (OPG) and Engineering Peer Group (EPG);
- Drive and support operational excellence initiatives and projects in pursuit of establishing the “Pembina Way of operating”;
- Be a true business and strategic contributor by developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with Senior Operations and Engineering leadership across Pembina;
- Achieve a high-quality working relationship with key stakeholders, particularly the various operating Business Units;
- Ensure that PMM has a customer focused, medium and long-term strategy in place to support the business and operations of Pembina;
- Ensure that Pembina’s , maintenance programs, and engineering standards are designed to meet or exceed all applicable environmental and regulatory requirements;
- Be a visible presence in support of the economic and social well-being of the communities Pembina operates in;
- As part of the leadership team, work together to find the best solutions for opportunities and issues that are stakeholders are facing always striving to add value with a top priority on safe operations;
- Support and build upon an Inclusive and Diverse workplace culture; and
- As an Influential Leader provide guidance to employees contributing to build a strong Pembina culture.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Pembina’s Maintenance Management (PMM) system and the delivery of standard maintenance practices and initiatives;
- Ensure the IPSECA process, ISPM and governance framework is adhered to;
- Direct oversite to ensure the system and PMM users requirements remain SOX compliant;
- Provide PMM system support to the Operations with significant focus on quality and timely;
- Responsibility and oversite on all data content in PMM, and all other associate Data and Document Management systems and their interdependencies with GIS;
- Develop and maintain all associated data standards;
- Provide Asset Reliability services which include the development of maintenance strategies, asset class maintenance plans while providing failure analysis services to Operations;
- Provide fit for purpose improvement plans to our operating units while leveraging Asset Performance Management (APM) technologies and continue to reduce maintenance costs;
- Direct Pembina’s Professional Practice Management Plan as a framework for corporate engineering best practices to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements are met;
- Illustrate expertise as the Engineering authority of Pembina’s engineering specifications, standards and associated processes; and
- Oversee Pembina’s corporate Process Safety Program which includes Process Hazard Analysis Standards, Management of Change Process, and Process Safety Risk Registers.
- Experienced leader with more than 15 years of related technical, operational and maintenance experience in the North American Petrochemical/Midstream Industry in a formal leadership role;
- B.Sc. Engineering with P.Eng. (APEGA), MBA or related post-graduate degree is preferred;
- A trusted professional for industry peers as demonstrated through regular participation in professional speaking engagements, invitations to provide expert opinion, and volunteerism to promote the profession of engineering;
- In depth understanding of Mechanical Integrity Programs, Asset Life Cycle management and Rotating Equipment design and maintenance;
- Understanding of how standards will influence Pembina’s current and future assets;
- Highly analytical, demonstrating an ongoing commitment to self-development, a self-motivator and initiator of new ideas, who can respond to changing priorities;
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and team building skills, and able to function effectively in a high pressure, fast paced environment;
- Demonstrated business acumen, creativity and innovation in the delivery of services that directly impact achievement of business objectives;
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and organizational skills dealing at all levels in the organization with a customer focused approach; and
- Proven ability to lead others in a manner that empowers, develops and rewards for innovation.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.