LNG Canada (LNGC) will export Canadian natural gas to Asian markets, and in the process, put Canada on the global map of LNG exporting countries and create a world-class liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry in British Columbia and Canada.
PetroChina, China’s largest oil and gas producer and supplier, is a joint venture participant in LNG Canada along with Shell, PETRONAS, KOGAS and Mitsubishi Corporation to design, build and operate a world-class export terminal in Kitimat, British Columbia.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. LNG Canada represents the largest private investment in Canadian history and showcases how industrial development can co-exist with environmental stewardship. We hope you want to be part of this journey.
About the role
TC Energy (TCE) will design, construct, own and operate the Coastal Gas Link (CGL) pipeline, which will transport natural gas purchased or self-produced by the JV Partners in Western Canada from Wilde Lake, the first compressor station of the CGL pipeline, to the LNGC plant in Kitimat. CGL pipeline project is guaranteed by the five Jointed Venture Partners (JVP).
We are looking for a bilingual (English & Mandarin) Senior Pipeline Project Engineer to support progress on the pipeline project execution and to improve the project cost management and control. You will have a strong background with demonstrated successes in pipeline project management and strong project management skills.
This position is based out of our Calgary office.
You will use your passion to:
- Support the LNGC project, focusing on the CGL pipeline project constructed by TC Energy and related connecting pipeline projects by PetroChina
- Deeply understand the contract model and rights and obligations of major agreements, such as a Project Development Agreement and Transportation Services Agreement for CGL, and effectively safeguard the rights and interests of PCC during the project execution phase
- Participate in the daily management of LNGC project, attend various external and internal meetings, and effectively safeguard the rights and interests of PCC through platforms such as the JVP Pipeline Subcommittee
- Support PCC’s LNG Asset General Manager (GM) and key functional departments, provide pipeline engineering and construction knowledge and perform pipeline project execution, progress, schedule and cost analysis, and establish effective communication with PCC LNG Asset GM and key functional departments
- Develop effective working relationships with PCC affiliates companies, Joint Venture Partners and TC Energy, and understand the positions and opinions of other JVPs on LNGC and CGL related matters
- Establish effective communication with the refining and chemical, pipeline department of the headquarters and other departments, and prepare the report to the headquarters on a regular basis, understand the headquarters requirements, and accurately analyze the headquarters instructions for the implementation of the project
- Complete other tasks assigned by LNG Asset GM
To be successful you have:
- University degree in Engineering
- P Eng. designation in Alberta and/or British Columbia
- Legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in oil and gas pipeline projects, including design and execution
- A proven track record in facility and pipeline projects with a thorough working knowledge of the interfaces with engineering disciplines, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, and assisting Operations during commissioning and start-up
- Experience working in a mega-project environment with a multi-disciplinary team of engineering and construction professionals
- Experience in construction of large-diameter natural gas pipelines (preferred)
As a valued member of the PetroChina Canada team you:
- Treat everyone equally regardless of their race, age, gender orientation, or background
- Adapt, embrace challenges and have the resiliency to focus on the outcome
- Are collaborative, demonstrate team work skills, have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with diverse workforce
- Have an optimistic and positive attitude with willingness to learn and take initiative
- Keep health, safety and the environment top of mind and take accountability for your personal safety and the safety of others
- Regard your team, leaders and the company with great respect through kindness, appreciation and professionalism
To apply for this job please visit petrochinacanada.startdate.ca.