Reporting to the Manager, Engineering, the Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for providing process engineering support crossing the functional groups, and assisting in the development of the Company’s oil and gas assets and projects. In this role, you will develop and maintain process requirements and guidelines, support engineering design of new assets and projects, and provide overall technical leadership for process engineering.
This position is based in Calgary, and requires, as needed, travel to the Company’s operating site for an extended duration.
- Act as an expert resource in the area of process engineering for other teams in the Company.
- Identify and prioritize high value technical initiatives and projects to improve safety, reliability, and energy efficiency.
- Perform process calculations, simulations and scoping studies for complex issues and opportunities such as risk mitigation, debottlenecking or new technology applications.
- Respond to operational issues, coordinate management of change projects, champion and lead MOC process for operating asset.
- Lead projects requiring collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, including production and facilities engineers, to identify and act on high priority upgrading initiatives.
- Review the engineering contractor’s deliverables, attend design reviews, and perform technical supervision on external consultants and contractors.
- Develop feasibility studies, technical and business cases for the purpose of justifying execution of projects.
- Develop and maintain design basis and process deliverables of capital projects.
- Develop and maintain technical specifications, standards and procedures.
- Ensure corporate process engineering documentations’ compliance to applicable codes, standards, regulations and best industry practice.
- Identify, report on and monitor KPIs of process facilities. Ensure that established performance and safety targets are met.
- Professional Chemical or Petroleum Engineer registered with APEGA.
- 15+ years’ engineering experience in oil & gas industry, preferably thermal in situ or midstream gas facilities.
- 3+ years of facility engineering experience in an operating plant.
- Experiences with PHA, process integrity, PSSR and MOC.
- In-depth knowledge of the applicable regulations, codes, standards and best industry practices (AER, API, CSA).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Exhibits strong analytical, trouble shooting, problem solving, and computer skills.
- Strong critical thinking, operations analysis, and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced, flexible environment. A self-starter with attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel to and work at site for an extended duration as needed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
To apply for this job please visit petrochinacanada.startdate.ca.